Diabetes / Pre-diabetes

Weight Loss

High Blood Pressure

Atrial Fibrillation

Skin Health

Digestive Health

Autoimmunity
Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X

This forum, including much of its vast wealth of knowledge, thousands of pages of special reports, custom tracking programs, supplement discounts, and many other features are available only to our members.

Becoming a member will allow you to view replies, make posts, and will remove the product advertising from this forum.

Member Forum >> Cureality Diet Quick Questions >> Yum! Cloud rolls with Wheat Free Market All purpose baking mix
 Yum! Cloud rolls with Wheat Free Market All purpose baking mix
Jospry

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 3
Post Likes: 0
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Posted: 4/14/2016 2:23:09 PM

Okay---has anyone experimented with cloud rolls yet?  It's a simple recipe that's been around for over 40 yrs.  They used to be called Revolution Rolls (Atkins).  But somehow they got re-branded as "cloud rolls" and now all the newbies to LC WOE think they discovered something new.  Oh well.  I've been fiddling around with them to make them more "bread like" and heartier and I've come up with a winner using a key ingredient---Dr. Davis' Wheat Free Market All Purpose Baking Mix.  If you slather these in Kerry Gold butter and s.f maple syrup, they come pretty close to a real pancake.

The original recipe is just egg, cream cheese and cream of tartar...nothing else.  Too light and crumbly for me.  But with the addition of WF Market baking mix--WOW!  Big difference.

Here's the recipe:

3 eggs
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 c WF Market All Purpose Baking Mix
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 300º

Separate the eggs--yolks in one bowl, whites in another bowl.  Mix cream cheese and baking mix into the yolks, blending well.  Set aside.  Add cream of tartar to the egg whites.  Using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until they fluff up and form stiff peaks (about 1-2 mins).  Gently fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.  Don't stir too hard.  It's okay if the result is a little "streaky".

Prepare a baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil.  Create six mounds the size of a large burger bun and smooth to flatten to about 1/2 inch each.  Bake for 30 mins.

Let cool on a wire rack, then place in a container in the fridge.  To serve, toast them so they crisp up a bit (they tend to be soggy and sticky when cool).

I eat these when I'm craving something "carby".  I usually treat them like pancakes, but you could also use them for sandwiches or burgers (flat side in).  

You can add sweetener, cinnamon and nutmeg if you wish.  Or for a more savory roll---dried herbs and garlic powder. 

Hope you enjoy these.  They are a life saver when you think you might gnaw off your own arm if you don't get some "bread".

Tags:

T

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 288
Post Likes: 46
Certs & Awards: 4   view

Posted: 4/14/2016 9:08:53 PM

Thanks for that...looks great! Have you tried the Wheat Belly 1 min microwave bread? I make it all the time. Fast and easy! 

Tags:

Jospry

No Avatar

Posted: 4/15/2016 11:22:59 AM

No, I haven't.  Can you post the recipe?  I'm new.  I didn't see a separate food/recipe forum here and I wasn't sure where to post mine?

Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 10693
Post Likes: 1592
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Posted: 4/15/2016 12:24:42 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters or marked as Members Only are restricted to active members.

Tags:

T

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 288
Post Likes: 46
Certs & Awards: 4   view

Posted: 4/16/2016 2:50:00 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters or marked as Members Only are restricted to active members.

Tags:

Jospry

No Avatar

Posted: 4/22/2016 11:41:36 AM

Okay--thank you very much.

Tags:

Mission