Diabetes / Pre-diabetes

Weight Loss

High Blood Pressure

Atrial Fibrillation

Skin Health

Digestive Health

Autoimmunity
Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X

This forum, including much of its vast wealth of knowledge, thousands of pages of special reports, custom tracking programs, supplement discounts, and many other features are available only to our members.

Becoming a member will allow you to view replies, make posts, and will remove the product advertising from this forum.

Member Forum >> Announcements >> Posting Etiquette: Guidelines for aggressive yet responsible posting and reading
 Posting Etiquette: Guidelines for aggressive yet responsible posting and reading
HeartHawk

No Avatar
Cureality Staff

Posts Contributed: 3542
Post Likes: 344
Recommends Recd: 11
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Post Likes: 2

Posted: 1/12/2009 2:37:09 PM
Edited: 5/3/2014 12:41:14 PM (3)

To All:

The chief ingredients that makes this Forum so successful and among the top in its genre are the erudite, insightful and often heavily researched posts of our Members.  There have been reservations expressed by several Members regarding how aggressive they should be in making claims, being adversarial, and defending positions.  What is most gratifying is that, despite what might seem like biting criticism, these authors actually DO care about other Members getting the wrong impression and DO realize we are all in this together.  So, here are a few guidelines especially for those like me who like to "stir the pot" from time to time.

1.  Unless there is a direct attack on another Member or foul language is being used posts will not censored.

The whole idea is to have a collection of diverse opinions, insights, and perspectives we can all draw upon.  Even pot stirring for its own sake can help keep the debate lively.  Of course, as moderator I also reserve the right to make exceptions!  But, I prefer to err on the side of inclusion rather than censorship.  However, we have a zero tolerance policy for the any use of profane language (as determined at our sole discretion) or any threat of retribution, real, implied, or even in jest (this includes third-parties, real, imaginary, or otherwise).

One of our foundational concepts of is that we all have unique, "n of 1" health conditions and therefore make equally unique and highly personal decisions as to how we manage our health.  It is also considered a breach of Forum protocol (and just plain rude) to denigrate, ridicule, or otherwise impugn a specific Member for any reason but especially with regard to their personal health decisions.  This includes making third-party references to specific Members or their health data without their prior permission.

At each occurrence the following sanctions will apply.

a. First occurrence: The offending items within a post will be removed and a warning will be issued to the Member.

b. Second occurrence: The offending items within a post will be removed and the Member will be suspended from posting for one month.

c. Third occurrence:  The offending items within a post will be removed and the Member will be permanently banned.

2. Off-topic posts

Occasionally, posts drift off topic.  In order to maintain an orderly forum that is easy to read, learn form, and search, replies to topics that are deemed not germane to the topic will be moved to a "Dead Posts File" where they will be retrievable by oiginal topic ID.

3. The biggest problem with text is that it conveys no nuance, inflection, or facial expression.

Keep in mind that it is easy to take a printed statement out of context.  The reader does not know you may be smiling or that you have your tongue firmly implanted in your cheek at the time.  I also know that some find the use of emoticons as a substitute somewhat annoying and artificial. We are collaborating over a less than perfect medium.  I wish we could do this face to face over a glass of wine (or magnesium water).   However, this should not stop us from saying what is on our minds (within reason).

4. It is OK to agree to disagree.

As I said we are all in this together.  I sincerely doubt there is a single one of us who doesn't want to optimize their health.  I have seen an astounding amount of compassion and giving on this Forum.  It is the old 80/20 rule.  Let's assess each other on the entire body of work (the 80%) rather than even outright controversy (the 20%).  If you watch American football you will see teams being physically, mentally, and verbally aggressive.  After the game you will see those same persons kneeling side by side in prayer realizing how damn lucky (pun intended) they are to be in the game at all!  I feel the same way about our team!

That's all!  Keep it coming!

HH

Tags:

lindybill

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5842
Post Likes: 140
Recommends Recd: 7
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Post Likes: 0

Posted: 1/22/2014 5:52:11 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters or marked as Members Only are restricted to active members.

Tags:

stcrim

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 4633
Post Likes: 155
Recommends Recd: 10

Posted: 1/22/2014 6:29:05 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters or marked as Members Only are restricted to active members.

Tags:

lindybill

No Avatar

Posted: 1/22/2014 7:08:44 PM

Yes, stcrim, you are the problem here. Who do you think Hearthawk was posting about?

Tags:

stcrim

No Avatar

Posted: 1/22/2014 7:35:03 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

lindybill

No Avatar

Posted: 1/22/2014 8:02:46 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

stcrim

No Avatar

Posted: 1/22/2014 8:21:09 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

spunk88

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2820
Post Likes: 3
Recommends Recd: 2

Posted: 1/23/2014 5:21:15 PM

I don't believe HH and soon I'm going to FIRE this place so I don't read childish banter.

Tags:

HeartHawk

No Avatar
Cureality Staff

Posts Contributed: 3542
Post Likes: 344
Recommends Recd: 11
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Posted: 1/29/2014 9:44:03 AM
Edited: 3/13/2014 3:54:42 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: ,Vitamin D

Jim156

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 380
Post Likes: 293
Recommends Recd: 0

Posted: 5/27/2016 5:07:56 PM

Potentially a good forum. But glaringly missing here is that members have the ability to ban other members from their threads.

Tags:

LCL

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5612
Post Likes: 1224
Recommends Recd: 14
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Post Likes: 3

Posted: 5/28/2016 5:07:58 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

psweath

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 871
Post Likes: 103
Recommends Recd: 3
Certs & Awards: 8   view

Post Likes: 1

Posted: 5/29/2016 7:59:51 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Jim156

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 380
Post Likes: 293
Recommends Recd: 0

Posted: 5/29/2016 8:04:14 AM

> Keep it simple,
> Pete

Simple = free speech and full disclosure. Do you have any kind words on whether or not this place is meeting those standards?

Best regards,

Jim

Tags:

stcrim

No Avatar

Posted: 5/29/2016 3:03:10 PM

Jim - I hope you banned me but just in case you didn't, remember you are the one that picked fights so quite whining.

-S-

Tags:

Mission
A Message from Dr. Davis

Seeking Your Cure
Cureality Diet
Cureality Exercise
Bone Health
Heart Health
Thyroid Health
Diabetes / Pre-diabetes
Weight Loss