Diabetes / Pre-diabetes

Weight Loss

High Blood Pressure

Atrial Fibrillation

Skin Health

Digestive Health

Autoimmunity
Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X

This forum, including much of its vast wealth of knowledge, thousands of pages of special reports, custom tracking programs, supplement discounts, and many other features are available only to our members.

Becoming a member will allow you to view replies, make posts, and will remove the product advertising from this forum.

Member Forum >> Bowel Flora and Digestive Health >> Saccharomyces boulardii
 Saccharomyces boulardii
Iron Man

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 307
Post Likes: 52
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Post Likes: 0

Posted: 9/10/2020 4:55:05 AM

Wow what a ride this has been.  I do not know if it is die off or what is up but 1 NOW brand capsule for 3 days AM dose, which is not even close to daily dosing recommendations, set me off.  It was what I was expecting with the AR BR that did not really happen.

Tachycardia had heart sustained at 150bpm.  I dosed 420mg of cardizem/diltiazem and 2 grams of magnesium glycinate and it still took 6 hours to bring me down.  Blood Pressure peaked at 168/137.

The problem is I refuse to go to the ER due to what is happening with covid.  So I hunkered down with my age 84 moderate dementia mother who was on the other end of my abruptness going through this event.  I have afib and hemochromatosis, etc. and for me as an outlier, I have to be careful engaging as not to prompt an event.  As for myself I am not so worried, but I have people that depend on me.

Outcome, 4am, BP 120/73, rate 80.

A FEW VERY IMPORTANT OBSERVATIONS THAT IF WE UNLOCK I BELIEVE IS A HOME RUN

Why/How did a calcium channel blocker cardizem/diltiazem work to what I will refer to as a die off?

Why does it seem between days two and three that I had a full 60 second count with normal sinus rhythm (NSR)?  My sync is right now at 80 BPM (beats per minute) and I am only having a skip or pause once in a 60 second count.

Why did my glucose go up to 115, then 119 when i had nothing to eat all day.  tested at mid afternoon.  when i finally had a very small amount of food, glucose went to 133 and started to recede an hour or two later.  A1C usually results around 5.7, 5.8 and AM glucose 95, home meter.

The bloat was like umpaville (wonka reference) and it felt like a brewery was going off in my stomach.  Receded for the most part this AM.

Part of this is spurred by finding out Saccharomyces boulardii and L. Casei Shirota are cited as a means to treat SIBO.  I do not have these effects when on shirota.  The Saccharomyces boulardii was like a nuke.  I am backing off until I can gain more insight and prepare better.  You cant have anyone who is going to bother you around you and need to have someone you can count on if you fall out.  

I just intuitively sense that what is happening in my GI is responsible for the afib.  BPM reduce and syncope leans towards normal on the backside of die off or event, keeping in mind I have had chronic (long term) persistent (all the time) afib diagnosed when I stroked on Sept 12th, 2004, 9pm.

I keep saying die off or other because I sense there is more going on than just crowding out the bad with the good.  There is something antagonistic going on, it may not be a die off, but it sure had me on the ropes and I am use to going for a ride in the meat wagon to the ER at least 10 times for tach in the past.  When you start to go over 180BPM things get difficult to manage.  During the stroke my BPM was at 210+.

Saccharomyces boulardii needs to be defined as to what is actually occurring.  IT is said it is a go to for diabetes, which I have not been diagnosed with to date.  IF that is so then why the rise in blood glucose while not eating for most of the day?  When I approach this yeast again it will be with kid gloves and micro titrate up, slowly, 1/4 capsule increments, until full dose and then for 2-4 weeks.  This will not be until I have adrenals and other issues addressed.

Rhonda was inspirational to know that she had the same effect, went back and was able to sustain.  Wondering if she could expound more on her experience of any noticeable improvements in any area after Saccharomyces boulardii seemed to be accepted by her body.

There are warnings that it can inspire fungus and has other cautionary mentions, but there is so many entries that advocate for it....................... jury is still out.

Tags:

Iron Man

No Avatar

Posted: 9/10/2020 5:23:14 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters or marked as Members Only are restricted to active members.

Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
Cureality Staff

Posts Contributed: 9071
Post Likes: 1394
Recommends Recd: 15

Posted: 9/10/2020 10:32:57 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters or marked as Members Only are restricted to active members.

Tags:

Iron Man

No Avatar

Posted: 9/10/2020 11:14:09 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Toby Lime

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1424
Post Likes: 101

Post Likes: 1

Posted: 9/10/2020 3:21:42 PM
Edited: 9/10/2020 3:22:19 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Iron Man

No Avatar

Posted: 9/11/2020 7:33:17 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Iron Man

No Avatar

Posted: 9/11/2020 7:40:42 AM
Edited: 9/11/2020 7:54:18 AM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Rick S

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 44
Post Likes: 2

Posted: 9/11/2020 10:54:31 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Iron Man

No Avatar

Posted: 9/11/2020 9:36:03 PM
Edited: 9/11/2020 9:39:22 PM (2)

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Venkat S

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 131
Post Likes: 12

Posted: 9/12/2020 7:16:37 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

dan2341

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 303
Post Likes: 10

Posted: 9/14/2020 7:40:59 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
Cureality Staff

Posts Contributed: 9071
Post Likes: 1394
Recommends Recd: 15

Posted: 9/14/2020 8:10:50 PM

Yes, Dan: Although Tom is having a heck of a time with the S. boulardii, this fungal species usually provides benefit in those with (presumptively) less severe degrees of SIBO/SIFO. 

Tags:

Mission
A Message from Dr. Davis

Seeking Your Cure
Cureality Diet
Cureality Exercise
Bone Health
Heart Health
Thyroid Health
Diabetes / Pre-diabetes
Weight Loss
High Blood Pressure